On this episode, Jeremy discusses dreams and dreamwork with Jamie Liestman, long time seeker in the Law of One tradition who presented on the subject at the Working Group’s April membership meeting. Drawing from contacts with Q’uo and Ra, they explore the purpose and use of dreams in polarization and the discipline of the personality, drawing upon Confederation insight into the sometimes misunderstood role of emotional resonance in this time/space aspect of consciousness. Several techniques for working more compassionately and authentically with dreams are addressed, and this prompts some subtle but profound changes in how we think about the mind and consciousness.
Nithin and Jeremy welcome Jon Firman to discuss ritual magic and its place in practicing the Law of One philosophy. Jon tells us a bit about his experience with the western magical tradition, and we explore the Confederation’s ideas on the matter. Those of Ra confirm a definition of magic as the ability to effect changes in consciousness at will, and we discuss the issues at play in honing that personal will and the way it works with polarization, service, the Archetypal Mind, prayer, and other topics with which this podcast normally deals.
- Jon Firman’s Inspire369 (Youtube channel, Substack, and Twitter)
- Thelema (Wikipedia) and the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn (Wikipedia)
- Ra on magical potential and the will (Session 79, Question 32)
- Q’uo on magic, faith, and polarity (June 14, 1992)
- Ra on the “quiet horror” of third density (Session 17, Question 23)
- Ra on service to others through magic (Session 71, Question 16)
- Stephen Tyman on Thinking with Symbols (Youtube)
- Ra on the “keys to unknowing” (Session 84, Question 7)
- Robert Anton Wilson, neuro-linguistic programming, and magic (Wikipedia, Youtube, and Robert Anton Wilson Fans Germania)
- Ra on catalyst and the magical (Session 94, Question 20)
- Foolish Fish’s video tutorial on the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram (Youtube)
- Q’uo on the nature of practicing magic and the Archetypal Mind (February 12, 2006)
- Douglas Rushkoff’s Aleister and Adolf (Rushkoff.com)
- Monka on networking the light within us (January 15, 2023)
Ryan and Jeremy return from an unexpected hiatus to discuss oppositional forces encountered on the spiritual path. Q’uo reminds us that all that challenges and frightens us originates from our own distortions and biased perceptions, whether it is experienced as other than self or as self. Since all is self, polarization must involve a way of opening one’s heart to these aspects that are hard to accept. As we recover these unaccepted portions of self and integrate them, we increasingly identify with a deeper self, a self we do not direct but rather with which we learn to cooperate.
This deeper self we build a relationship with through work in consciousness is closer to the truth of our unity with all other selves. In finding compassion for the self and its rough spots within, we find the strength and confidence to extend love and patience to others, despite their flaws and the buttons they push in us. By being willing to feel the pain we encounter instead of avoiding it, we discover that it’s the same pain others feel, that it connects us. Instead of using negative encounters as an excuse to give up on seeking, we can use them to lovingly incorporate into our heart each thread of the Creator’s love we come across in our lives.
Happy Tuesday, other selves! Returning to the session first discussed in episode 32, Ryan and Jeremy follow Q’uo’s segue from discussing the higher self to exploring a highly specialized and articulated version of that self. The magical personality is a powerful way that we access our future sixth density self’s wisdom and experience to use in our third density life now. However, it must be used with reverence and caution. What does it mean to invoke the magical personality, and what are the ways in which it may be accomplished? How do we build the best relationship with this powerful form of consciousness?
Happy Wednesday, other selves! On this episode, Ryan jumps back on the mic for another romp through the Confederation philosophy’s finer points, this time focusing on a Q’uo session from 1989 dealing with the idea of the higher self. Jeremy and Ryan work through half of the session, talking about the concept of true simultaneity, the drama of polarity through sixth density, and the nature of the higher self as a gift from ourselves so crucial to our continued evolution.
We will pick up the rest of the session next time as Q’uo bridges the gap between the higher self and the magical personality, that invocation of the higher self in our waking consciousness. As always, let us know how we’re doing!