The theme of “being and doing” is frequently mentioned in many of the Confederation’s communications with Earth. Ryan and Jeremy discuss how to understand this theme and what it reflects about the nature of the Creation and reality. While it is easy to understand how service in the world rests upon “doing,” in other words, acting in the world, it takes a little more seeking to figure out what it might mean to say that the very fact of our existence is itself a service.
Of course, our beingness is the grounds for any doing, but those of the Confederation make it plain that it is simply our passive beingness that serves by imbuing the planet and events in which we participate with the vibration we radiate. Therefore, the conversation weighs what it might mean to better understand our “instruments” on their own terms and not simply in light of the fruits it generates in the socially constructed domain of activity. The more aware we are of our true nature that rests in that passive beingness state, the better the relationship we can have with those unconscious but powerful and creative parts of our entire self. Meditation tees us up for just that kind of inquiry into the self, these forays into the dark but fecund mystery of the spirit complex and intelligent infinity, that build our faith in our polarity and the full breadth of what we bring to others.
- Ra on the service of being (Session 42, Question 7)
- Q’uo on being and doing (February 22, 1991 and December 12, 1993)
- Q’uo on appreciating beingness in daily life (October 17, 1999)
- Q’uo on the repetition of the being and doing theme (December 12, 1993)
- Q’uo on channeling versus becoming (November 22, 2008)
- Personal Q’uo reading (August 24, 2005)
- Latwii on becoming that which one seeks (May 1, 1983)
- The Other Selves Working Group’s new Youtube channel